Role and Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer plays a role in designing and communicating the Broadnet brand (and the brands of all related products, websites, and apps) and ensuring the timely delivery of all marketing deliverables. The Graphic Designer will also create assets for clients and partners in their brand look and feel. The Graphic Designer will support the Marketing team with managing and designing creative needs from internal and external clients.
The Graphic Designer’s main responsibility is the design and creation of marketing materials across all platforms: print, digital, electronic, video, audio and web. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Design & Content Specialist to learn the Broadnet brand and work with both the Director of Marketing and Design & Content Specialist to determine which projects the Graphic Designer will own. For collaborative projects, the Graphic Designer will work with the Design & Content Specialist who will facilitate the creative development concept and process.
This is first and foremost a hands-on graphic design position, and the Graphic Designer must have the graphic design experience, skillset, and software know-how to create best-in-class designs for each application.
This position is highly integrated into the company’s cross-functional teams of sales and marketing, operations, engineering/IT, customer service, and event managers.
The ideal candidate will have a significant amount of design and production experience and is capable of a hybrid role of hands-on design/production work as well as management of a project’s creative resources, process and concept.
Responsibilities and Activities include:
- Designs, creates and updates all collateral materials including but not limited to as sell-sheets, product sheets, case studies, infographics, reports, proposals, and training materials
- Designs, creates and updates presentation materials including PowerPoints (with animations and multi-media)
- Designs, creates and updates digital materials such as email signatures, Mailchimp email campaigns, social media plans (internal and external), digital display ads
- Designs, creates and updates corporate communications materials including but not limited to business cards, stationery, presentation folders, order forms and other administrative documents
- Designs and creates assets for clients, including but not limited to social media images, emails, event ID images, and video event assets such as lower thirds and slides.
- Helps design website landing pages by creating design templates and assets, with enough understanding of UI/IUX design and the WordPress backend
- Co-brand or white-label marketing materials for resellers and partners
- Creates custom materials or solutions based on specific requests from internal sales and marketing, senior executives, and external resellers and partners
- Develops promotional materials and items for internal and external use, such as trade shows
- Edits audio and video assets
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in design preferred
- Minimum one-year design and production experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of social media
- Multi-tasking and deadline-oriented approach
- WordPress CSS design; basic web coding
- Animation software (such as Adobe Flash) for creating animated SWFs and GIFs
- Project management software such as Monday.com and Trello
- Experience with audio and video editing software such as Final Cut, Audacity, iMovie
This position is a contract position. Hours will vary per week. Position must be available for 10-15 hours per week, Monday – Friday and be able to work quickly to design projects that have a quick turnaround time. Work will be done at home.